Aug 20, 2008

100 Posts

Many bloggers who get to 100 posts like to give some sort of celebration, and I am no exception. This is the 100th post I will be publishing. It's not the 100th one I've written, since there are a bunch that haven't been finished, or didn't really meet my quality standards for me to actually want to post them.

I would have to give thanks to Jeff Atwood and his talk at CUSEC 2008 about blogging, which basically inspired me to write more and not really care what people think. I do find it somewhat ironic that I'm thanking him, since I have criticized him before.

His argument is this: there is a certain number of people who will potentially be affected by your contributions to the Linux kernel, or open-source world. There is a certain number of people who will potentially be affected by your blogging. What do you think is bigger?

Essentially, you have the power to impact more people with your writing than with your code. Not to mention it is a fair bit easier to write blog entries than it is to write programs. Finally, writing a lot will make you a better writer. No doubts about that. So what are you waiting for? Hop on it and start blogging!

No comments: